Vintage Sewing Machine Sites & Blogs for Information

Vintage Sewing Machine Information sites & blogs







Instructions to put a Sears Kenmore 158.1200 sewing machine tension unit back together, properly- from Path49 on the Quilting Board
I just did this on the same machine! First, you're going to have to pull the whole thing out of the machine to change the position of the check spring....it needs to be at let's say 6 - 7 o'clock. Then make sure it's pulled up over the piece it clicks against. When things are put together to the point it is now.....first piece #1...nubs facing away from you___ then #7___next #4...funneled part going into #7 beehive spring___#6....put on stud up to the threads___A....with red mark up___#5___#3___put #2 in the notch on the back of B___put B on lining up the stop on piece #2 with the red mark (just to the left of the piece that is projecting on A), Then, put screw C in.

When I screwed #4 onto the stud, I found that a good starting point was having maybe 2 rows of threads showing on your side. This is where you'll have to adjust to get a setting you're happy with. When it's together, tension will be set on 0. Turned up to 4, my tension is perfect. But depending on how strong the beehive spring is, your's could be a little different.

https://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/gallery_accessories/

Sears KENMORE 1703 CLUTCH DISASSEMBLY, & ASSEMBLY by anpther blogger-

Kenmore 1703 PULL OUT HANDWHEEL CLUTCH STYLE DISASSEMBLYÅ¡



Helpful Singer Slant-0-matic Sewing Machine sites

For fans of the Singer slant-0-matic steel gear sewing machines, the Singer 401a, 403a, 404a, 500a, 503a Rocketeer, & similar Singer sewing machine owners can find helpful information on these sites-

https://archaicarcane.com/singerattheraces/ 



SINGER 15-88 89 (Treadled class 15-88, with an electric motor added, I have not rewired the motor, since I bought it, though, I love to treadle, too much to want to electrify it!) (2 photos above)



When I started my vintage sewing machine blog, I thought I created it, using this name, which I also thought gave me the address of MyFavoriteVintageSewingMachines.blogspot.com , but apparently I did it wrong, so I am starting again, & I have set it up so that is my link, but it looks like I have made 3 separate blogs! All about my favorite vintage sewing machines! I already have many sewing machine posts on my other blogger page, so I will add a link to it, as well as to some of my other favorite vintage sewing machine blogs & sites. I will be switching to this page, for future sewing machine blogs, so hopefully, if you have found this before I get more posts done, please click on the first link, to see my actual vintage sewing machine posts.

 
Singer 101, potted motor, first Singer model designed to be manufactured as all electric! Newly rewired, replaced the "octopus" automatic lubricating wicking system, located under the sewing machine bed. (above & below)
 Early Singer 101 in table with tilt out front door for attachment, manual, & accessory storage. Machine operates with a knee bar, hidden in the table. (above & below)

 

Below- Bernina 930 with heel tap neede up/down pedal, kneebar for freehand presser foot raising & lowering, extra long basting stitches, & more!  Babylock Evolve jet air threaded 8 cone coverstitch serger, in a fantastic table with electric elevator for Bernina, & a spring loaded, hidden pop up table for the serger, in a convenient L shape!


 Below- Bernina 530-2




 SINGER 31-15 industrial straight stitch sewing machine, in industrial table, with clutch motor. (above & below)
Singer 30-15 industrial Sewing machine












Fan Favorites