Clutch knob repair video

If your sewing machine needle won't go up and down, your clutch knob may be loose, to allow bobbin winding. To get the clutch engaged, hold the handwheel with your left hand, and tighten the center knob, with your right hand. This should engage the needle, unless someone has put the clutch washer on incorrectly. The video explains.

Sewing machine clutch knob assembly and adjustment, are essential knowledge for anyone fixing, or using vintage sewing machines. This has links to my favorite YouTube videos with this valuable information. I did NOT make this video, but I think the guy who did, did such a great job, I am happy to share this link to help others find his video, because the whole point of blogging about fixing machines, is to help you find the BEST information I know of, for fixing your machine.



Sewing machine clutch assembly video

Fan Favorites